[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS problem in CSS-styled IMGTEXT

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 14 12:05:16 CET 2006

Hi,

in current TYPO3 4.0 RC1 we have a problem with margins in Images and
Text with Images rendering with my css-styled-imgtext solution.

Currently I simply apply the same margins to the *right* of all pictures
if they are to be placed to the left (in-text or stand-alone) and to the
*left* if they are to be placed to the right. If placed centered
currently I simply place the same margins to the *right*. There are
several problems with that:

1) the centered version is never 100% centered, only if you have no
margins in between images
2) there is no way to specify a different textMargin, because the
"margin-right" that is applied to images (in-text-left) will also
separate the images from the text.
3) you can never create a block of images that really spans across the
whole content width (there will always be a margin to left or right)

The only solution I can think of is to tag the last (or first) image on
each row of images with a special CSS-class and reset the margin on that
images to zero. Then I could also apply specific textMargin around the
whole image block in case the imageblock is in-text, so that we can
specify this separately (styles.content.imgtext.textMargin).

What do you think? Other ideas?

Cheers,
Ernesto