[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS-Style IMGTEXT rendering issue

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Mon Mar 6 08:30:29 CET 2006

Hi Ernesto,

thanks for your answer. I set the constant to "1" and it worked like you
said. Very well!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> On 04.03.2006 18:16, Kai Laborenz wrote:

>>I didnt change any defaults and edited a simple text w image element
>>(intext left; colums: 1).
>

> Do you have "imageTextSplit" constant set to "1"?
> The problem is, if you set imageTextSplit to "0", the caption is
> relevant to all images in the block and not to a single image. Which is
> why that caption is placed after the whole imagewrap-block and not along
> each single image. This is not the default in "4.0-mode", thou, so it
> shouldn't usually happen.

I used the defaults - so as a default the constant is set to "0". I just
installed a clean 4.0 beta 3 and changed nothing (as far as I know... :-) ).

So its not a bug but a less usefull default setting, cause it stil makes
no sense to have a dl an not using the dd for image caption.

I suggest setting imageTextSplit to "1" in the constants.txt
(alternativly setting the rendering mode not to "dl").

>>Why is the caption wrapped with two classed elements? One class on the
>>outer element is more tha enought. IMHO there is no need for two
>>elements at all.
>
> Yes, this is a bug which I already fixed, sending the patch to Stucki
> and Sebastian, we'll have to wait until they integrate it.

Ah - very good (didnt find anything in the bugtracker)!

Can you sent me the patch as well (laborenz[et]sunbeam-berlin.de)?

What bothers me (as a css freak) is that there are *a lot* of combined
classes - some seem to me not really mandatory. Maybe there should be a
constant like "cssUsage" with settings like "full", "reduced" and
"none". But maybe this is something for the next version...

Greetings, Kai