[TYPO3-content-rendering] Multiple Templates

Lee M. Childress leemchildress at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 05:33:12 CEST 2006

Me again:

I'm slowly getting the hang of Typo3 and liking it more and more. I have
spent some time reading tutorials and google-ing, but haven't found a good
answer to my question.

My site tree looks like this:

HOME PAGE

         --- TOPIC ONE
         |         |__ SUB TOPIC1
         |         |__ SUB TOPIC2

         --- TOPIC TWO

My home page I will have three columns, my Topic pages will have two
columns, and some of my sub-topic pages will only have one column.
Otherwise, the template will be the same throughout (except that the main
navigation I want to show only topics on the Home page, and then sub-topics
on the topic pages, and sub-sub topics on the sub-pages ...

What is the best method for developing and recycling several different
templates in Typo3? Can someone point me to a really good tutorial or show
me an example? I learn best from seeing something in print.

Thanks again for your assistance.