[TYPO3-content-rendering] [Typo3-calendar] CAL joins ECT, a M:M relation

Wed Jul 19 22:46:07 CEST 2006

Hello Jeff, Mario, Ben and all others,

today the *Calendar Base* project has joined the Extension Coordination
Team as the calendar that is supported as the official calendar by ECT. [1]
There are different reasons why we think that cal is the right calendar to
support. I personally say this also as author of the vcd_calender extension
a few years ago.

* cal is the result of a development process of the community.
* The development process has allways been open and transparent.
* cal has the most active support in this NG. Kudos to Mario.
* The architecture of cal follows MVC. I expect it will easily be able to
do the migration from TYPO3 4.x to 5.x when the time comes. Kudos to Jeff.
* cal implements a leading standard protocol: iCal
* cal is designed as a calendar base. You can build a lot of solutions upon it.
* no surprise: cal is successfull

A try to give a definition, how teams and projects are related. This
definition has the status ALPHA. R&D is actively working on concepts to
better scale and integrate the community.

In short, teams and projects have M:M relations.

The task of a project is, to build a piece of software or something. A team
has the authority to make long term and strategical decisions on a limited
field and to integrate projects into the overall TYPO3 community.

The leader of the Calendar Base project is Mario. Jeff is the contact
person betweenn ECT and the Calendar Base. We call such a contact person
"coordinater" until we find a better term.

I suggest that the Calendar Base also joins the Contet Rendering Group, a
Team under the R&D node. The name of the NG
typo3.projects.content-rendering is a little misleading in the range of
this definition. [2]

The CRG could consult the Calendar Base to get modern, accessible templates
and possibly microformats.

Regards

Elmar
(Leader of Extension Coordination Team)