[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: default wrap for each CE? (section_frame)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 20 11:51:37 CET 2006

Carla Froitzheim schrieb am 20.01.2006 11:24:

>> If you have a float as a left column and you clear:left in the content
>> div, it will clear to after your left column, no matter how deep you
>> hide it inside nested DIV's. That's a general problem about clearing, I
>> think the easiest solution is to float:left the content-DIV also. This
>> way, the clear:both will just go through the content-DIV.

> That´s why I am wrapping the content elements. The wrap is floated and
> the imgtext clear clears correctly then. Sorry I didn´t explain it
> clearly before.

But then you have a couple of other "problems" to solve, especially if
you have a liquid design where you cannot assign a specific "width" to
the content divs. Or how do you solve that?

>> But maybe we have more "classy" solutions from some CSS-expert which we
>> can use as defaults in the integrated CSS-IMGTEXT. The "clearfix" hack
>> seems to have some potential, which could get us rid of the
>> csc-textpic-clear class, but I'm not sure about it. What do you think?

> If you don´t have the textpic clear class anymore you still need a clear
> within the wrapped content element.

I was thinking about the solution presented here:

http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html

Basically, it uses the :after pseudo-attribute for the text-part that we
need to get expanded to the CE-box for CSS2-compliant browsers, the
"Holly hack" setting a 1% height for IE and also a IE-Mac hack
("display: inline-table").

I would apply that to .csc-textpic-text inside .csc-textpic-above,
.csc-textpic-below, .csc-textpic-intext-right-nowrap and
.csc-textpic-intext-left-nowrap.

Has anyone tried that? What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto