[TYPO3-content-rendering] RFC: default wrap for each CE? (section_frame)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 20 10:28:43 CET 2006

Peter Niederlag schrieb am 20.01.2006 10:04:

>>>Well, I don't really care, I'll just keep adding it in my custom-layer.

>>I also have it as default in my TS. The main reason is that img w/text
>>element with floating image needs it for a clean clear of the float.
>>Otherwise the img w/text clear clears the parent element which in a 3
>>column floating layout means the content is pushed to the end of the
>>left or the right column (depends on which is longer).

If you have a float as a left column and you clear:left in the content
div, it will clear to after your left column, no matter how deep you
hide it inside nested DIV's. That's a general problem about clearing, I
think the easiest solution is to float:left the content-DIV also. This
way, the clear:both will just go through the content-DIV.

But maybe we have more "classy" solutions from some CSS-expert which we
can use as defaults in the integrated CSS-IMGTEXT. The "clearfix" hack
seems to have some potential, which could get us rid of the
csc-textpic-clear class, but I'm not sure about it. What do you think?

> And this one might hit the masses as cron_cssimgtext has just been
> merged into css-styled_content for 4.0beta2. ;)
>
> That might give us a lot of work on support-lists?
> We'll see...

I hope that it "hit the masses" and that we get some useful input on how
css-styled IMGTEXT is expected to be. That's the reason this is in
beta-2. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto