[TYPO3-content-rendering] let's get a classy htmlArea RTE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 18 10:28:28 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb am 18.01.2006 08:24:

> RTE and htmlArea RTE as we know them are WYSIWYG tools by default configuration.
> They don't output semantic markup. That is a behaviour of yesterday. That's the
> reason why some people decline to work with them at all.
>
> To configure htmlArea RTE to output semantic markup is possible but difficult to
> do. People usually don't do this and a lot of difficulties result out of this. I
> think that is also a field the content rendering group should work on and
> probably has already done.
>
> What is the status?
>
> I propose that in the context of content standard rendering schemes a semantic
> scheme and new default configuration for Htmlarea should be a field of special
> consideration.
>
> What do you think?

There have been lots of discussions about default configuration of
rtehtmlarea in the last month in the typo3.project.rte group, have you
followed it? The result was a the current three-choices default
configuration. I would suggest to discuss the matter directly with
Stanislau on that group, since he's already did lots of work on that and
has always listened to suggestions and ideas.

Search for "default" in the subjects of the t.p.rte group and you'll
find the thread. Ben, Michael, Stucki, Kai, Peter and others have taken
part of that discussion.

Cheers,
Ernesto