[TYPO3-content-rendering] Skinable frontend

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed Jan 18 01:05:58 CET 2006

Am Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:35:42 +0100 schrieb Elmar Hinz:

>> another idea is
>> * TYPO3 community
>>

> Kasper would say TYPO3 Portal. That's why I used that term.
>
> Can you define the difference?

as I'm reading a lot of stuff in these directions for writing my bachelors
thesis, yes:

portal: you can design your own personalized news information center with
so called portlets each showing different news like charts, news, wheather
... news.google.com goes in that direction, but usually very business
oriented

community: chat, forum, messaging, user maps, users interacting with each
other. example: http://www.battlefield-1942.net

Ingo

--
Use a newsreader! Check out