[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO3.org

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sun Feb 19 12:20:20 CET 2006

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I raised my hand for helping getting the layout and output ok for
> TYPO3.org. This is ofcourse a very good showcase for what TYPO3 has got
> to offer. Content Rendering Group to the rescue ;-)
>
> Could we please gather some suggestions here? Can someone put up a page
> on the wiki for that?

Hi Ben,

the CSS is already being worked upon in the wiki (see Ingmar's post for
that), and I think that we should try to fix one thing *after* the other:

1. Microtypography: Clean up the CSS by removing the lots of redundant
line-height, font-size, etc. Make font-sizes scalable, make h1-hx be
visually distinguishable (which they are not not), make all the margin
and padding stuff scalable (em-sizes or percent).

2. Layout: Make the whole layout fluid (or at least bigger), clean up
the positioning and margins to be scalable and not fixed pixels.

3. Make the content rendering valid and accessible (I actually wonder
how typo3.org could have such basic errors as incorrectly nested <h1><a>
with plain CSC)

4. Do fancy stuff like stylesheet switching, enhancement of
content-related CSS and HMTL (for the doc section, TER etc.)

In the wiki, I started cleaning up the stylesheet without touching
anything else. I'd really appreciate if any of you gurus could go over
the CSS and help slim it down *without* actually changing the look of
the site at all. *Then* we can start enhancing the layout and have much
less work.

Also, if anybody has an idea about how to organize this better than in
the wiki (where there is no visual feedback on how the site would look
with rev. xyz) step forward.

Greets,
Michael