[TYPO3-content-rendering] Fieldset around radio-button group

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 4 14:13:32 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 04.04.2006 13:42:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> (no label before the fieldset and no "id" for the fieldset).
>>
>> The only issue here is optical: you won't have a "label" to the right of
>> the radio-button-group (if you resemble the table-layout with CSS).

> Really dependes on the layout. Dropping the label may break the design.
>
> Why not drop the legend? If I have a label then we don't need the legend
> for accessibility.
>
> Make it yet another option?

Sorry, I think I forgot to say: I need to know what are to be the
DEFAULT (in form of TypoScript) provided by the TYPO3 4.0 accessible
output here. This can be changed via TypoScript settings by each admin
anyway.

And this mode will only come into play on NEW TYPO3 4.0 installations or
upgraded installations where the user agreed *not* to work in "3.8.x"
compatible mode. In this case, he is alerted by the update wizard that
some CSS changes are probably needed to layout the forms (same for
css-styled IMGTEXT).

> Provide a way to change the fieldset (or the
> label) to avoid the duplication which IMHO is not only an optical but
> also a semantical problem.

Do you think the semantically correct way is to have only the legend or
only the label? And if we keep the label, should it have a "label for"
and the radio-button group an unique id to which this label refers?

Cheers,
Ernesto