[TYPO3-content-rendering] New and improved css_styled_imgtext

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 12 17:19:32 CEST 2005

JoH schrieb am 06.09.2005 11:55:

>>CSS with MacOS-IE: About MacOS-IE I say "ouuuuuuchhh". Meaning: yeah,
>>it sucks. I haven't got PearPC working on my PC yet so I cannot
>>install or test with MacOS.

> But it is possible to create a crossbrowser output that will work in
> MacOs-IE too.
> We already did something like that and it worked perfectly fine.
> Maybe you have to reconsider the CSS concept.

What does the IE-Mac bugs has to do with the "CSS concept"? :) I'm not
saying it can't be done, I'm saying it sucks.

>>Stefan said the "INTEXT left", which can
>>only be http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/de/csi/#948, "it actually does
>>2cols". Well, if this is really the case, fine, because 2-cols is
>>what I wanted to do there! :) In the content object I selected
>>"Columns: 2" in this element.

> The problem is that the position of this element is too high.
> It covers a part of the element above which might be looking nice in this
> case but is not the desired result.
> Each element has it's own div container and there should be no part of other
> elements overlapping this container.

The layouting of intext-left and intext-right has always been like that,
even in the table-based solution from TYPO3s own IMGTEXT. If there are
images left, the next content element will be placed right after the
*text* and not after all images.

>>The "Just Images", which probably is
>>this http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/de/csi/more/#953 I cannot explain
>>why the images are in one column.

> See -> minor bug
> Without any values for the width, the floated elements will be larger than
> expected.

Fixed for next release (0.3.0) already. Just waiting for TER-webmaster
to allow uploading more than 100kb, as the documentation now has some
screenshots.

>>CSS in IE: The calculation of width for the whole images to wrap are
>>based on a working box-model, which IE is known not to master in
>>"quirks" mode.

> You could easily solve that problem like this:
> Define the width and/or margins in one box while defining padding and/or
> borders in another box that has no value for width.

Could you provide an example, please? See:

  http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/de/csi/borders/

This is the problem: In Firefox, the spacing between the borders is 6px.
In IE, the spacing is 10px. Could you solve that problem without adding
any tag to XHTML, just using CSS?

Thanks for your help, JoH!

Cheers,
Ernesto