[TYPO3-content-rendering] Adding non-standard parameters to anchor tags

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Oct 21 00:04:38 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> I don't think that "rel" should be used for this. Here is my idea:
>>
>> I have a plugin that lists files which refer to a protected directory.
>> The files need to be downloaded using a plugin which checks user
>> permission, etc.
>>
>> What I want to do is to have these files indexed by indexed_search. If I
>> add the local path of the file as an additional parameter to the download
>> link, then I can force indexed_search to index the local file but
>> reference to the download link instead. This is already working pretty
>> well, there's just the validation problem.
>
> And everybody who cares to read the source code of the html page knows
> the path to the file.

Dude, I am aware of this, just wanted to keep the example easy.
Will use some internal encryption later...

On the other hand, it really doesn't mind wether you know the path or not,
so it's just a cosmetic "protection".

Back to the topic: Will it hurt if I write this value into the "rel"
attribute (kind of misuse), or will this have any impact?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out