[TYPO3-content-rendering] ALT and TITLE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 30 00:24:37 CET 2005

On 29.11.2005 17:21, Kai Laborenz wrote:

> maybe I missed it. The COA IMAGE assigns the alt value also to the title
> attribute - this is not good practice.
>
> Is there a way around it?

The cron_cssstyledimgtext, which provides rendering for IMGTEXT and
IMAGE cObjects provides some options to configure the alt and title
tags. See:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/cron_cssstyledimgtext/IMAGE-3/

There are some recommended settings for "accessibility", and others for
"browser-compatibility".

This EXT will hopefully get merged into css-styled-content in TYPO3 4.0,
so that in future we will have this (or very similar) options
out-of-the-box.

If you have other suggestions to improve this part of the extention, you
are welcome to provide feedback on that!

Cheers,
Ernesto