[TYPO3-content-rendering] Ampersants in URLs, XHTML-compliancy

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu Nov 10 23:28:39 CET 2005

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi people,
>
> one of the content bugs we are trying to solve for XHTML-compliancy is:
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=772
>
> But I don't see the problem yet (see my last comment). Can someone
> please tell me if I miss something? For me, TYPO3 is already generating
> all links correctly (with "&" encoded as "& amp;"), this has been this
> way at least since 3.7.

I read your comments, and they are interesting. But in real life this
isn't what happen. TYPO3 site break xhmtl validity because links use &
and not &. Definitely not in 3.7. But maybe we're not talking about
typolinks but links in menus etc. In 3.7 I ended up calling stdWrap.hsc
for menus to be xhtml compliant. *

If your comment tells me anythign than that we have to revalidate the
patch. I doubt that your conclusion, that everything is fine already, is
correct.

Masi

* I'm sure I did much more. Perhaps too much like your comment suggests,
but there are places where it's needed.