AW: [TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO 3.8 and image alignment problemsin Gecko-Opera Browsers

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Sun May 29 21:53:11 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

> Therefore, don't wonder if the stable releases are not as
> "stable" as you
> could expect.

The release of TYPO3 3.8.0 IS stable and *great*!!

At least for me, this small image issue has no impact on TYPO3`s great
stability at all!

Thanks to Torsten Schrade we even got a working solution.

And even more: Once i now know, that this issue (as far as i got it) is
actually an understandable (!) problem of the Gecko-Engine, that seems to be
shocked with sudden "XHTML 1.1" code in an "HTML 4.01 Transitional"
declarated page - i see absolutely no reason for questioning this final
release! No release (of any software) will be 100% perfect and bullit proof!
Never ever.. :)

> It took me hours to release these pre-releases,
> but if nobody
> uses them after all, I will spend that time to go for some
> roller skating
> and we'll have the bugs fixed out some weeks after the
> "final" release has
> been done.
>
> Think about that! :-)

Well, i am sorry. Honestly. :|

Because you hit the point: At least I was one of those guys who were just to
lazy and even somewhat egocentric to check out the pre-releases, while
"knowing that others will probably do that.." :-(

I feel ashamed having somewhat ignored the efforts of all the people
involved in these pre-releases..

I promise to install, thourougly test and mail my results of the next
pre-releases!!

>b) Enable it only optionally considering the config.doctype setting (which
>   is what I'm going to do I think)

If i may leave my feedback here: This way seems to be fine!

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc