[TYPO3-content-rendering] css_styled_content

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sun Jun 12 14:36:05 CEST 2005

Kai Laborenz wrote:

> we (my company) are developing an extension for acessible content for a
> customer project. This extension is based on css_styled_content but is a
> separate extension.

That's cool. I am just working on a general cleanup of css_styled_content, like
getting out not needed classes etc. The problem with accessibility is that there
will not be only one way to do it. If you have seen Carla's article about
accessible menu's than you know what I mean. Those menu's use <dfn>. That's one
way. You can also do it differently.

> One problem - as far as I see - is, that a lot of extensions lack
> propper accessibility support or even valid output (indexed_search...
> a.e.).
>
> So I think we need an accessibility plugin project - to identify the
> mostly used extensions an build accessibile versions of them. Could this
> be a task of this group?

I defined that as one of the goals of the group. I like to get a list together
of extensions that comply to those standards. One of the things I try to set up
now is what needs to be done about TYPO3 to get it XHTML compliant. The wiki
(wiki.typo3.org) seems like a good place fore that.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation