[TYPO3-content-rendering] TYPO3 3.8.0 XHTML strict mailform

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Thu Jun 2 15:08:17 CEST 2005

"Rupert Germann" <rupi at gmx.li> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1117716229.17027.typo3-project-content-rendering at lists.netfielders.de...

>> 4. incredible long hashed id's. there is a bug describing an issue with
>> square brackets here:  http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1075 Martin
>> just told me he wants to patch that for 3.8.1
>
> the form id will be configurable and the field ids are the fieldnames now.

I'm happy with field names for ids if

a) all forbidden characters are escaped (eg turned into _)

b) a id-prefix can be set (so the ids can be unique)

Note on a)

allowed are a-z, 0-9 and the chars ":-_". As I still want my data[name][val]
fields looking nicely I repeat my suggestion to collapse squences of [ and ]
to a single colon ":".

Rupert, are you preparing a patch or shall I do it? As for 3.8.1: a config
var is a feature, but we get no new features for 3.8.x, but I think we can
change to hash of the form field name into the escaped form field name (the
form name must stay to get unique ids). Perhaps the radio buttons can be
fixed as well.

Masi