[TYPO3-content-rendering] A new approach to Content Rendering

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 5 22:03:32 CEST 2005

>> This means content and rendering will be truly separated from layout.
>> This way everybody can use a new flexible-styled-content with or
>> without tables, divs, inline styles or whatever.
>
> good idea...but a "mission: impossible"...except you forgot the CSS
> that gets dynamically generated in the header. so this solution is
> impossible for pure CSS Layout.

Well - not the solution I have in mind.
Since my solution will produce CSS files on the fly.
These will be inserted as <link> into the page header.
They can be cached and will just be changed on demand.
You can still have your own styling using additional CSS files.
And of course you can disable or override the default CSS produced by the
extension using TypoScript.

> p.s.: have a look at the ext:th_specialelements ... thats exactly
> doing what you just proposed.

I already know that extension. But this is not what I want to do.
It offers templating but as the description states clearly: No TypoScript
will/can be used.
So you will loose all the fancy stuff that can be done with TS.
And it will add just another content element.

But maybe it could be a good thing to start with.

My approach is slightly different.

Using this new flexible-styled-content you can keep all your "old fashioned"
content elements and each of them will get an additional set of useful
default templates.
One of these will always handle the element as it is done now to keep
backwards compatibility - and yes - this means you will still have tables
available for IMGTEXT ;-)
But you can just replace CSS-styled-content with the default setup of
flexible-styled-content and it will look almost the same.

Most of it can be done using TypoScript + additional processing Functions.
This way you don't even have to touch any core file.

Still impossible? - I don't think so.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau