[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jul 4 15:04:37 CEST 2005

>> Ah! Reinventing the wheel again?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't get the bottomline of this thread...
>>
>> Replacing DIVs with blocked SPANs? Where's the point?
>
> div= block
> a content element is a block.
>
> span= inline
> an image is in my opinion inline to a content element. therefor I
> prefer span. This is IMHO semantically correct. Just because I
> convert it with a stylesheet to a block element doesnt do any harm to
> the structure of the document.

Well - how do you tell your span tags (or div tags or whichever you might
use) to render i.e. 9 images with 3 columns and 3 rows then?
What about 3 columns containing 3 images of different height?
How do you render them without additional spaces?
This is all default behaviour of original textpic elements and you will
still have to realize this while using your approach to stay backwards
compatible.
And I don't see how you want to do this using floated elements only ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau