[TYPO3-content-rendering] CSS Styled Imgtext

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jul 4 14:51:02 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:
>>Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>
>>>Some of the DIVs are needed get the alignment correct.
>>
>>btw. you can do everything to any element. no matter span, div, a,
>>blockqoute, whatever...
>

> Then I would like to know the reason why you prefer the use of span here ;-)

CSS fashism - fascinating.
Do you guys realize what is happening here?
You are talking over and over what technology is better for what but the
ones noone thinks about is those people you work for...

If there are ten images in a tabluar layout, go for tables.
If you need to position an (ONE) image somewhere go for your DIV, SPAN
solution.
Plus I suggest to crosstest all your ideas in Apple OS9 with internet
explorer 5.1 - I wish lots of fun.

Accessibility is NOT about using tables or not using tables.
It is about making data accessible.
So all calm down for a second and think about what you are talking about
in the first place and THEN throw aboard your technology talk and then
think about what might be the right tool for the job.

Plus: I like tables :) They work - AND the source is smaller.
And if I want to present 100 images side by side I want blind users to
see them the same way - that's why I positioned them this way :)

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;