[TYPO3-content-rendering] Improvement of table rendering / table wizard

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Dec 21 21:12:14 CET 2005

> There are different requirements here, and we should not say what is
> true for you is the rule for everybody.
I know that I'm not the only person using typo3 ;).

> Sometimes I just cannot style a table with static CSS because its design
> is too "complex" for the standard "even"/"odd" possibilities. Maybe
> there are some cells that have different styling needs, maybe I need
> some colspans or rowspans, maybe I need to have styled text inside some
> cell, etc. This quickly becomes too much to implement in the current
> wizard. And as rtehtmlarea (or TinyMCE) already offers all those
> possibilities, I would rather use them and implement ways to restrict
> its usage, so the editor can only choose a certain set of classes, etc.

That is true and I know that there a situations that cannot be handled
with the current wizard, but I don't see how e.g. the htmlarea-wizard
would fullfill "my" mentioned requests of completely seperating the
content from the design. So if there will be a new table-wizard for the
standard table-CE please consider to make it somehow configurable to act
like the old one. Alternativly there could be a new CE - or a switch
inside the table-CE (dropdown) between "normal table" and "complex table".

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch