[TYPO3-content-rendering] accessibility in CSS styled content

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Dec 21 12:04:08 CET 2005

Hi,
> The global default will still be the table-rendering (so no change will
> be seen on existing sites). Setting the "accessibility=1" constant that
> Sebastian created you'll get the DL-rendering.

Why are image-tables not accessible? As long as the caption is not in a
seperate TD everything looks good to me. I hate to do enormous css-hacks
to tweak any other html-element than a table to exactly act and look
like one (especially with the IE-float-bugs etc.). Ok, it's cool to have
it done like this - but for what? Is there a rule that forbids tables
for any other display than tabular data?

I for myself made my own (quick and dirty) css_styled_image extension
wich uses tables, but without any clear-gifs and the possibility to
define a border-width for images - which is defined in my css-file and
get's substracted from the image-widths during rendering. Less
html-code, less css-code, same effect.

It would be nice if those features would be applied to the table-based
version in the upcoming csc. I'll gladly provide my
quick'n'dirty-version if wanted (just drop me a mail).

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch