[TYPO3-content-rendering] working on accessible_tables - questions

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Dec 14 19:01:56 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
>       * table headers are _switched off_ by default to get full
>         backwards compliancy. Does this make sense to you?

What happens if it is turned on and you don't change your old table records?

>       * the <thead> tag IMO only makes sense when headerPos is set to
>         "top" - is this correct? it was inserted all the time before.
>       * the <th> tag is only set when headerPos is set to top. I think
>         this makes sense as well?
>       * tbody is currently only outputted when headerPos set to "top" -
>         does it make sense to output it all the time? Problems with
>         backwards compliancy when tbody is outputted around _all_
>         tables? (That was the reason for me not to do this.)

What are the options for headerPos? top/left? Then I agree, thead should
only surround the top-most (= horizontal header at the top) TRs that
make up the header. Doesn't make sense when your THs are the first cells
of each row (= vertical header to the left).

The same is true for TBODY, which BTW should not surround tables but
table rows.

Masi