[TYPO3-content-rendering] title="" in images

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Wed Aug 31 09:32:23 CEST 2005

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> it can be useful to have _different_ descriptions in the both attributes.
> The current behaviour is though to put the alt text also in the title
> attribute by default (tslib_cObj->getAltParam). This is IMHO redundant
> and unnecessary, especially if the image is not linked.

It is arguably if the title is necessary at all...and I do _not_ want to
start a discussion about that...

but fact in typo3 is:

	* title is the same as alt
	* title gets set to title="" if no alt text is provided

...and thats just wrong

it should be:

	* an additional field in TCA to set title
	* if this field is empty => no title tag and _not_ title=""

so everyone could set their title if they /want/ ...