[TYPO3-content-rendering] utf8: mysterious linkphenome with turkish

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Fri Aug 19 16:32:08 CEST 2005

> I have set up an Installation with utf8. utf-8 as Database and utf-8 in
> FE and BE. (conf.forceCharset = utf8).
>
> Setting up a text with a link leads to problems.
>
> tt_contetnt.bodytext: Das <link 3>ist</link> ein Testlink.
>
> That leads to a clickable link for de and en. For tr the linktags output
> comes  with htmlspecialchars'lized.

I observed some more interesting Details. When I have the following
lines in the DB:

This is a <link 34>Test</link>.
This is a <LINK 34>Test</LINK>.

Both cases produce hyperlinks for german and english in the FE.

For turkish only the smaller case version transforms to a hyperlink.
The uppercase version transforms in the htmlspecialchars way.

Unfortuntly RTE Htmlarea produces the uppercases.

Elmar