[TYPO3-content-rendering] Email - Spam and accessibility

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Sat Aug 6 11:32:58 CEST 2005

Alexander Maringer schrieb:
> I work at the moment at the public sector and all pages have to be
> accessible until end of 2005.
>
> But one of the biggest problems is (in my opinion) the spam problematic and
> accessibility.
>
> Because all text which can be read by a disabled, can be read by a robot,
> too.
> Has anybody an idea for me? Or how do you handle this?

Buy a good spam-filter...

But seriously: you are right: If its readable by a AT-device it can be
read by a harvester. As far as I know there is no way around (I wouldt
be happy if someone proves me wrong...)

Javascript is not an option. So you could do:
- skip the spam protection completely
- use it with a "at" in place of "@" so that screenreader wouldt speak
it  but users without javascript can't klick on the link.

BTW: Does anybody know how effektive it is to publish an email like
user[at]domain.com? I is not a big task to teach a harvester to
back-replace the [at] to @..?

Regards, Kai