[TYPO3-community] Newbie question about ajax and next/previous record from a DB request

Davide Caldelari davide.caldelari at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:41:51 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Typo3/Typoscript and I really don't know how to implement
standard next/previous record button in my extension.

The problem:

I have a page (detailview) that shows a project detail (image + description
and some other informations).

On the bottom, I would like to add a sort of "project gallery" that shows
two other project that can be scrolled by pressing the previous/next
buttons. This operation gets the needed informations from a DB request.
Please note that ONLY this part of the page should be updated when you
press the next/previous buttons, so I thought to introduce ajax. But I
really have no idea about what I have to do in my extension in order to get
all this to work.

I have a template "detailview.html" with markers and subparts filled by a
typoscript detailview.txt file.

I know that it is a bit complicated, but could you just give a hint to
solve this problem?

I thank you all in advance.

Davide