[TYPO3-community] tx_community update

Pascal Jungblut mail at pascalj.de
Tue Feb 8 23:44:22 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that tx_community is still alive and we're working on it. Since the complete rewrite in the summer of '10 we've refactored and simplified a lot. We'll continue to reimplement features like ACLs and caching from the start to make use of Extbase's new possibilities like dependency injection.

Also, I'm happy to announce that, thanks to Karsten, we now use git as the VCS for tx_community. Together with gerrit it's a lot easier to get patches integrated. And here's a little request from my side: if you have the possibility to test the extension and find a bug - please file it at forge! We'll be happy to get some feedback and make the extension more stable. A community is a complex system and we need your help to find bugs. If you want, provide a patch and push it to gerrit for a review. There's some great documentation on how to do that at the forge wiki [1].

If you're interested to contribute in any kind of form you can contact me directly or write to this list. Any help is welcome!

Special thanks go to Tymoteusz Motylewski for his commitment.

Regards
Pascal

[1] <http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forge/wiki/Working_with_Git_and_Gerrit>