[TYPO3-community] tx_community and tx_party

David Toshack david at vaultin.com
Mon Oct 20 03:29:57 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:
> David Toshack wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
>> I think these two extensions would be a great combination. Has there
>> been any thought into using and extending the tx_party model?
>

> not really, but I think that these two are some different things anyways.
>

> best
> Ingo

Hi Ingo,

As I see it, tx_party was built from the OASIS Party standard with the
aim of developing global and generic industry standards for managing
"Party Centric Information". (Party as in people or organizations.)

IMHO, in an ideal world any new extension that manipulates people or
organizational data should use the party extension. Either as is or by
extending it. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world but I'd like
to help with small steps to head in that direction. Or at least to give
it some good thought.

The party extension has been designed to manage relationships to other
parties and personal information though, so it shouldn't take too much
extending to be a perfect match to the person related community
requirements.

Both these projects are in their infancy so it would be a great time to
grow them together for a more future proof party/relationship centric
model that many TYPO3 extensions could make use of.

What do you think?

Cheers,
David