[TYPO3-community] Community Plugin - Current State

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Sep 25 11:16:54 CEST 2007

Volker Graubaum wrote:

> What's about Elmars idea extension__somehting.
> Will this be realy be the future and is it coordinate with the core team?

If you like it - use it. I don't like it because the traditional single
underscore works fine as TIMTAB and DAM demonstrate. I just don't see a
reason to reinvent the wheel or to confuse people. Other then that to me
it just looks ugly. Because of theses reasons I'm not going to use
double underscores and won't promote it. The issue also never was
discussed with the core team - at least not that I know of.

> Maybe it's time to create a new extension, add the good things
> from sr_feuser_register to it and bring it to the future ;-)

definitly!

> Nicer would be a generall search over all tables.
> I like the way XING has improved the search

we can do whatever needs to be done...

> Yes, what's about cwt_community ?

never tried it out or had a look at the quality of the code...

Cool you like nearly all of this, too Volker!

all the best
Ingo