[TYPO3-community] Community Plugin - Current State

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Tue Sep 25 01:02:57 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

after I wrote my last test for this holidays last friday, Lars and I
started to write the first lines of code for the community extension. We
decided to use lib/div although it's really a hard piece of work to get
through the code and to find out how everything works. As Elmar
explained to me, it's still alpha.

We try to set up a basic extension with most of the wishes you posted on
  the wiki.

At the moment we are concentrating on the following functionality:

- User registration (first step is done via fe_user_registration)
- User settings and privacy settings (extending fe_users and creating a
own table for complex privacy settings)
- User search
- Add/Remove Buddies
- Show relations between buddies
- A configurable user list to cope with any kind of user listing
(search-list, buddy-list, group-members-list, ...)

The next step will be to put up groups. We decided to extend
fe_user_groups for that purpose and will put up some functionality that
enables users to join groups or to invite other users into groups etc.

After that, we will put up a messaging system, that enables users to
send messages on public boards as well as on private messaging.

That will be the core of the extension. We are thinking about a kind of
a plugin concept to make the extension work with community-extensions to
get a modular concept, but that will be one of the later points.

We also decided to put up the basic functionality with new extensions
based on lib/div as most of the old extensions are based on pibase. As
soon as there is a example-installation of it, we will send a link to
the list.

So far - regards

Mimi