[TYPO3-community] Multiblog community with timtab

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Mon Oct 8 21:46:16 CEST 2007

Dawid wrote:
> 2007/10/7, Michael Knoll <mimi at kaktusteam.de>:
>> Dawid wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the problem i want to solve is multiblog - I'm using cwt_community as a
>>> community extension with allow users to register on site and i want it
>>> createing a user blog just after registration. So, my question is how to
>>> organize the page structure and how can i set up userblog during
>>> registration. I'll be thankfull for all tips.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> David.
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Ingo Renner invented timtab - so perhaps has a better solution than the
>> followin one, but the only solution I could imagine is to create a
>> single page for each user in the backend, each time you create a new user.
>>
>> So you could make something like that:
>>
>> -pagetree
>>   |- user1
>>   |  |-blog-page
>>   |  | |- Sysfolder for blog entries
>>   |  | |-...
>>   |- user2
>>   |  | ...
>>
>> It is not very elegant, but it is the only way I can think of. The
>> positive aspect is, that you could use the T3 frontend - login mechanism
>>   to hide contents for certain users...
>>
>> Another possibility could be to "overwrite" the sysfolder ids for the
>> blog entries for each user, but dunno how you could do that.
>>
>> Hope this helps a little
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mimi
>>
>> P.S. we are developing a new community extensions which I hope can cope
>> with functionality like the one you need - so perhaps you just have to
>> wait a little.
>

> Hi,
>
> If that structure could be problematic in performance when the number of
> registred users grow to about 3000?
>
> Yes, i heard about the new community extension that you develop but i think
> i can't wait for it in the project that I working with. When you gonna
> release it?
>
> Thank for reply,
> David.

Hi David,

the release will take some time. I hope to come out with a first
prototype during the end of November. One of the biggest problem for me
are the quick changes in lib/div on which I started to implement the new
extension. I think there will be no beta version of our community
extension until lib/div goes beta.

At the beginning there will be only little more functionality than
cwt_community, but it will be based on lib/div and thereby easier to extend.

So far

Mimi