[TYPO3-community] Multiblog community with timtab

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Sun Oct 7 11:43:32 CEST 2007

Dawid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the problem i want to solve is multiblog - I'm using cwt_community as a
> community extension with allow users to register on site and i want it to
> createing a user blog just after registration. So, my question is how to
> organize the page structure and how can i set up userblog during
> registration. I'll be thankfull for all tips.
>
> Thanks,
> David.

Hi David,

Ingo Renner invented timtab - so perhaps has a better solution than the
followin one, but the only solution I could imagine is to create a
single page for each user in the backend, each time you create a new user.

So you could make something like that:

-pagetree
  |- user1
  |  |-blog-page
  |  | |- Sysfolder for blog entries
  |  | |-...
  |- user2
  |  | ...

It is not very elegant, but it is the only way I can think of. The
positive aspect is, that you could use the T3 frontend - login mechanism
  to hide contents for certain users...

Another possibility could be to "overwrite" the sysfolder ids for the
blog entries for each user, but dunno how you could do that.

Hope this helps a little

Regards

Mimi

P.S. we are developing a new community extensions which I hope can cope
with functionality like the one you need - so perhaps you just have to
wait a little.