[TYPO3-community] First draft of community extension on T3XDEV

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Mon Dec 10 23:03:49 CET 2007

Hi there,

I'd like to announce a first collection of ideas for a community
extension I just uploaded to the T3XDEV repository. You can find the SVN
repository on [3].

Please keep in mind, that this is only a collection of ideas. Most of
the time I spend in writing those lines of code were used to get an
overall impression of lib/div and to integrate PROPEL into Typo3
extensions [1].

For me, the following functionality was most important and is partly
implemented in the existing code:

* (Editable) User Details
* User lists
* Rights-Management for each plugin, configurable via TS
* Groups, which can be created, joined and left by users
* Group lists
* Buddies and displaying relations of users via Buddies

All this functionality is only implemented as far as I needed to know
how it could work in lib/div. There are no images or photos to be upload
nor is there a detailed user-profile that can be set up. All those
things need to be done now.

As a next step, I'd like to put up a group of developers who are
interested in bringing these ideas to a first alpha draft within the
next months. Therefore, we should consider on a common list of features,
first a small one, which can be implemented very fast.

The next step would be to set up an API for all community concerned
functionality.

So please let me know, whether you are interested in cooperating on the
code and let's set up a final feature list based on the one that is
available on the wiki [2].

So far - have a good night!

Michael

[1]http://www.kaktusteam.de/fileadmin/t3/t3pip/T3PIP.sxw