[TYPO3-commerce] Future of commerce

Ingo Schmitt is at marketing-factory.de
Mon Feb 24 23:14:12 CET 2014

Hi Egemen,

yes I’m reading posts and I’m also answering post, if I do know the subject ;-).

A short Information regarding commerce:
We (Marketing Factory) are using commerce in quite a lot of projects, so we do have a vital need to have a further development of commerce. We are mainly running product catalogues based on commerce, so this is our main development focus. (We do have some minor shops with checkout and payment also). Sebastian has done quite a lot of work for cleaning up the source code of commerce and of making it at least 6.2 ready (since we focus on the lts Versions). You can have a look at the current status in the svn. While reviewing every line of code, we have identified some parts, where we do think a further development could be interesting. I’m currently putting all together to have an overview of the amount time needed for preparing a „sponsorship“ campaign for commerce. This will be announce in this list and at forge.

Enough first hand infos?

Regards

Ingo
> Hi everybody,
>

> nice to see some activity here at last. Nice to see Ingo still reading
> posts. I'm running a shop at www.rehamedia.de . What I would like to know
> is, what are the plans for the future regarding commerce? Is development
> still done? I would like to extend the shop with payment methods, is the
> work worth it? Is commerce compatible with typo3 v6.1 ?
>

> Would great to get some first-hand info.
>

> Regards
>

> Egemen

Ingo Schmitt

Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH  *   mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marienstrasse 14                   *          Tel.: +49 211-361176-63
D-40212 Duesseldorf, Germany       *          Fax:  +49 211-361176-64
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf HRB 53971  * http://www.marketing-factory.de/
PGP FP 91BF F99A 0320 940D 4303 4E02 B850 4043 B08D 2101

Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Peter Faisst ⎜ Katja Faisst ⎜ Karoline Steinfatt ⎜ Christoph Allefeld