[TYPO3-commerce] adding fields to articles

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 23:43:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

In the setup-TS there is, under lib.tx_commerce a section
"article_prices". (I do not quite get what this TS is good for, where
and how it is used exactely - can anybody please give me a short tip?
Thanks!)

The interesting thing here is the last sentence

   article_prices {
     #stdWrap < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
     #defaultField < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
     fields {
       #pricenet < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       #pricegross < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       purchase_price < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       price_scale_amount_start < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       price_scale_amount_end < lib.tx_commerce.stdField

--->>>      // feel free to add every other field from
tx_commerce_article_prices

     }
   }

Since I have no idea what this article_price is good for and where it
shows up in the front end, I tested the adding of fields on the next TS
section "articles":

   articles {
     fields {
       // every column in this table could be wrapped with the
       // stdWrap, IMAGETEXT, IMAGE
       plain_text < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       tax < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       tax.wrap = (+|% VAT)
       tx_grbcommercecost_weight < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
       tx_grbcommercecost_box < lib.tx_commerce.stdField
     }
   }

There the plain_text and tax field worked perfectly fine and newly added
markers in the category_product template ###ARTICLE_TAX### and
###ARTICLE_PLAIN_TEXT### showed the content of the respective database
fields.

But 2 problems showed up:

1. the wrap for "tax" won't have any effect (neither "tax.wrap" nor
"tax.stdWrap.wrap")

2. fields that come from another extensions (here the grb_commerce_cost)
are not recognized,the marker will not be overwritten with any content.

What has to be done to make additional fields available?
Are the wraps working like I use them - or what am I doing wrong hereß

Thanks in advance for any help!

Good night,
Robert