[TYPO3-commerce] Reminder - poll about SVN vs Git

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 26 19:11:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 26-5-2011 15:21, Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> There must be more contributors to commerce than have participated in
>    http://www.doodle.com/7zphmkri76gibd4e
> so far...
>
> Come one, it (potentially) affects your working environment!

Does it really matter? FLOW3 started on Git, v4 Core is on Git, some
projects moved to Git, so in the end everything will end up in Git.

Months after the move of v4 core devs twitter, etc. about hoping to get
Git working (e.g. on the recent TYPO3 camp).

Maybe the people who like svn over git for certain projects are tired of
mentioning the disadvantages of Git? It certainly looks better if you
only write positive things about something than writing negative things
about the alternative. I hardly respond to anything about git/gerrit
anymore; I don't want to look like a grumpy, moaning figure which
doesn't like "progress".

Maybe the whole move from svn/mantis to git/gerrit/forge is considered a
fait accompli?

I already expect replies to this posting that git is really good and
advanced, and problems are temporary, and help is available, etc.

Git/Gerrit is not very simple for most people. If contributors don't get
used to it soon enough the project may lose momentum. That is not simple
to solve.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.