[TYPO3-commerce] commerce development - next steps

Morten Haggren mo at idefa.dk
Fri Jun 17 08:42:20 CEST 2011

Hey,

These breaking changes are they limited to templating or will they
affect the internal workings of commerce change enough to break commerce
plugins? ( db layout, hooks, control flow, etc )

While it's of course  impossible to say exactly when do you think that
the changes will be complete enough to start adapting modules depending
on commerce  - a few months, a year, more?

On 2011-06-14 14:05, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey.

[...]
>> I saw various comments on breaking changes. I'm very much in favour not
>> to implement these. Running a commerce implementation requires much
>> attention to details already. If you are not able to update a commerce
>> implemtation because of breaking changes I think many users will be very
>> much annoyed. Breaking changes is not in line with TYPO3 development in
>> general, too.
>
> Yeah. We thought about backwards compatibility for quite some time. But
> in fact it is impossible to change a template engine without breaking
> something. I still think it is a good idea to release a last version
> that already cleans up some things but aims not to break existing
> installations. We can still fix minor things in this version then, and
> we can go ahead with trunk and more radical changes after that.

[...]

--
Morten Haggren