[TYPO3-commerce] Products with several manufacturers

Diego Pino García dpino at igalia.com
Wed Jul 27 12:26:11 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm implementing an on-line bookshop with Commerce. Before going ahead
with commerce I read a little bit about how to implement a bookshop
using an on-line shop solution. Generally, people tend to use entity
'manufacturer' as book 'author'. I'd like to do the same mapping for
Commerce. The point is that the relationship between products and
manufacturers in Commerce is many-to-one (one product has only one
manufacturer, and one manufacturer can have several products) and, in my
system, a book can have several authors (mainly because almost all books
are illustrated so they have a writer and an illustrator).

What's the best solution for this? Should I create a new table
tx_commerce_product_manufacturer_mm and change commerce TCA so it's
possible to assign several manufacturers to a product? Should I forget
manufacturer and create my own 'author' entity?

Any piece of advice is welcome :)

Regards,

Diego