[TYPO3-commerce] basketHashValue performance

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Feb 14 13:30:52 CET 2011

Hi all,

A few months ago I asked some questions about basketHashValue that
cleared things up for me. Now I wonder, how much performance is won by
using this?

 From what I understood it makes that a page is cached for each basket
content. What is the chance that a different user has the exact same
basket content? I think in practice the plugin needs to be rendered
again because of the different basket.

Dmitry in his book about extension development gives an example on page
113 on how to include USER_INT in a USER plugin. Would it be nice to
implement this in stead of the current basketHashValue? This will make
the basketHashValue go away in the url but the functionality it was
meant for to remain.

Looking forward to your toughts.

Regards, Rik