[TYPO3-commerce] Products with several manufacturers

dpino dpino at igalia.com
Tue Aug 2 12:53:10 CEST 2011

 On 07/27/2011 04:44 PM, Ingo Schmitt wrote:
> manufacturer is ment in TYPO3 to be only one manufacturer per
> product. I would implement the "authors" as different attributes for
> one product. If you choos multiple attribute you can have an many to
> many relation.

 Thank you Ingo, I see what you mean. The point is that the authors are
 an entity on their own, I mean, there's more than the name of the
 authors but a short biography, date of birth, location, etc, so not sure
 if I still could do this with attributes. In addition, the relationship
 between authors and books should keep information about what's the type
 of relationship between them, for instance, and author could be a writer
 in one book but work as an illustrator in another. Finally, I would need
 i18n support in this author "entity" (website is multilang and the short
 biography should be translated).

 I think I'm going to try the approach of creating a new extension and
 extend commerce with this new entity. Let's see how it works.

 Regards,

 Diego