[TYPO3-commerce] Release new commerce version?!

Ingo Schmitt is at marketing-factory.de
Tue Apr 19 12:23:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I can do this during the easter holidays. I would relase the current version (0.12.x) to TER, since 1.0 would be stable release.
We could start the new 4.5 development by version 0.13.. BTW how could take care of the open Todos in forge?

Regards

Ingo

> Hi Christian,
>
> i think is is an good idea.
>
> We should release the current trunk as 1.x branch and the trunk would then be 2.x.
>
> Greetings,
> Benny
>
> "Christian Kuhn" <lolli at schwarzbu.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mailman.17201.1303147387.648.typo3-project-commerce at lists.typo3.org...
>> Hey there,
>>
>> we should release a new commerce version to TER, imho this is long overdue:
>> - Current TER version doesn't really work with younger TYPO3 core versions anymore
>> - There are tons of already fixed issues in current TER version
>> - Nobody uses TER version anymore, everbody is nailed to trunk as production version
>> - There is afaik currently no major blocker, and if, we can still release new branch versions
>> - Current 'trunk is production' stops us from badly needed refactorings of given codebase
>> - There are new labels in trunk which does not make sense to be translated on translation server until we have a new TER version online.
>>
>> What I think would be best:
>> - Release current trunk 'as is' as new TER version
>> - Create a branch to be able to merge bugfixes from trunk to this branch to release minor TER updates if needed
>> - Raise TYPO3 dependency to TYPO3 4.5 in ext_emconf in trunk and start with clean ups in trunk (thinks like 4.5 compatibility (eg. new tree), remove deprecated methods, don't use old deprecated methods from core, maybe switch to fluid as template engine, ...)
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Regards
>> Christian

Ingo Schmitt

*** BITTE BEACHTEN SIE UNSERE NEUE ANSCHRIFT! ***

Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH  *   mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marienstrasse 14                   *          Tel.: +49 211-361176-63
D-40212 Duesseldorf, Germany       *          Fax:  +49 211-361176-99
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf HRB 53971  * http://www.marketing-factory.de/

Geschaeftsfuehrer:    Peter Faisst   |   Katja Faisst
Karoline Steinfatt   |   Christoph Allefeld   |   Markus M. Kimmel