[TYPO3-commerce] Release new commerce version?!

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Apr 18 19:22:47 CEST 2011

Hey there,

we should release a new commerce version to TER, imho this is long overdue:
- Current TER version doesn't really work with younger TYPO3 core
versions anymore
- There are tons of already fixed issues in current TER version
- Nobody uses TER version anymore, everbody is nailed to trunk as
production version
- There is afaik currently no major blocker, and if, we can still
release new branch versions
- Current 'trunk is production' stops us from badly needed refactorings
of given codebase
- There are new labels in trunk which does not make sense to be
translated on translation server until we have a new TER version online.

What I think would be best:
- Release current trunk 'as is' as new TER version
- Create a branch to be able to merge bugfixes from trunk to this branch
to release minor TER updates if needed
- Raise TYPO3 dependency to TYPO3 4.5 in ext_emconf in trunk and start
with clean ups in trunk (thinks like 4.5 compatibility (eg. new tree),
remove deprecated methods, don't use old deprecated methods from core,
maybe switch to fluid as template engine, ...)

Any opinions?

Regards
Christian