[TYPO3-commerce] RFC: #6634: Refactor tx_commerce_products get_attribute_matrix() and get_product_attribute_matrix()

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Mar 23 23:33:01 CET 2010

Hey Morten.

Morten Olesen wrote:
> I finally had some time to test the changes, how ever since issue 1345
> remains unsolved it's kinda limited what I can test.

Happy thanks for your feedback!

> This test is done against svn 19/03-2010 ( patch 12.2 iirc );
>
> your patch introduces
> "PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated" x 3  :
> line 216, 299, 344 in pibase

Yeah, that is in the _test patch, just a minor hickup. Will fix before
committing.

> Other than that it seems to crash randomly when selecting attribute
> combinations - cause is;
>
> (Note; this also happens in unpatched 12.2 - how ever since the patch
> modifies function that gives out the attributes used for creating the
> dropdowns I thougth I migth be good to bring it up aswell.)
>
> Some further investigation reveals that the crashed is not random at
> all, but due to the drop downs getting too many options.
>
> Ie. a product with theese two attributes ( values in parantesis )
>
> Colour ( Blue, Yellow, Beige )
> Size ( Large, Small, XLarge )
>

> All those choices are shown in the selects, how ever only the combinations;
>
>     * Yellow - Large
>     * Yellow- Small
>     * Beige - Large
>     * Beige - Small
>
> exists.
>

> (This also happens in 12.2 )
>
> Altering the article order so that they are now
>
> Beige    Small
> Yellow    Large
> Yellow    Small
> Beige    Large
>

> "Yellow, Large" is still chosen by default, where as "Beige, Small"
> would be the logical choice ... (yes we do infact have customers who
> thinks this is important ;) )
>

> Test product;
> http://testcommerce.idefahost.dk/index.php?id=12&tx_commerce_pi1[showUid]=7&tx_commerce_pi1[catUid]=8

I didn't fully understand this combination ... will try to dig a bit
before the patch set is committed. In fact we re-implemented some bugs
of the old methods to the new logic, but they are commmented now with
TODO tags and can be sorted out at a later stage.

> So in conclusion it seems your changes does work exactly like the
> original (apart from added warnings) - how ever it's less that desired
> that it does so.

This is the important news, the new methods should be smarter, but fully
backwards compatible. Thanks!

Regards
Christian