[TYPO3-commerce] RFC: #6634: Refactor tx_commerce_products get_attribute_matrix() and get_product_attribute_matrix()

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Mar 20 06:31:57 CET 2010

Hey,

Dimitri and me spend a lot of (really braindamaging) time refactoring
those methods. They are one of the most ugly and parsetime consuming
methods within commerce. Please fire up your own kcachegrind in a
realistic environment to see how much we gain with this central cleanup
in complex list and detail views.

Did you ever display a list with 20 products, 10 articles and a
realistic list of attributes and wondered why your happy little super
server took 20 seconds to render this crap? Those methods are one reason!

We really need some reviews here to ensure backwards compatibility, we
are not sure if we covered every edge case. Please try the patches and
give us more feedback, otherwise commerce will in future break exactly
with _your_ setup.

Please provide feedback especially for complex setups like multi
languages, tons of value lists and so on.

Thanks for your contribution
Christian