[TYPO3-commerce] Attributes...

Jörg Leshel j.leshel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:21:36 CET 2010

Hi list,

I am sitting on a shop with Products with different Attributes which
should get rendered differently and trigger different behaviour.
Just wanted to let you take part on some issues I am having at the
moment with the commerce shop and perhaps getting some clarification.

1. As far As I can see from the Code the Attributes part of the shop
is not completely finished for now. Is that right?

2. There is in class.tx_commerce_pibase.php the part to build the dropdowns.
The author left as comment "correct like this?"
I think it's not correct like this.

For me the behaviour of the dropdowns
(plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.allArticles=0) should be implemented on server
side like Dmitry Pikhno did it with jQuery in his extension
fe_attr_commerce on clientside. So thats chained dropdowns. An
additional field  in the  product or category / attributes assignment
is needed to specify the chain for a product or category.

If it's not done with chained dropdowns the behaviour shouldn't be
like its at the moment either. If in the second  (or n) dropdown a
value is selected which doesn't match an articel regarding the the
selected value of the first dropdown in the moment the first article
(off all) is getting chosen as selected and the not possible value of
the first dropdown is still selected.
I think in this case the first article which matches the latest
selected attribute should be marked as selected. That way the
dropdowns wouldn't display information for the costumer which aren't
correct -> selected article is first of all articles for the product
-> shown selection in dropdown shows a combination which does not
exist.

3. I have attributes which have an impact on the price of an article
and I have atributes which haven't.
For each possible combination of attributes which have an impact to
the price I have an article. Creating articles for all possible
combination of attributes also for those which don't affect the price
would be way to much effort for maintaining the shop. It's a definte
no go.

For the price impacting attributes everything is fine. I am using
fe_attr_commerce for frontend rendering. Changing values in my chained
dropdowns results always in displaying a valid article with valid
select values in the dropdowns.

Solution for the not price impacting attributes would be to  assign
those attributes not to the article but to the product with allow
multiple.
In my case some of those attributes should get rendered as radio
selection and some as dropdown.

As far as I can see it's not implemented or intended to have radio
buttons or dropdowns on the product layer you can just assing a fix
attibute without values. Is that correct?

I for myself will adept the code for this project but perhaps it's
worth thinking of such constellations in further development of the
shop.
In my case it makes no sense for my costumer letting him create dozens
of articles for a hundres of products just to transport a certain
information which is same for all articles.
I know you have intended the option "Generate article from" in
attribute assignment but it's not implemented yet, right?
Also for "Generate article from" it would make more sense for to
generate "virtual" articles rather than generate real articles which
eventually have to get maintained as well.

4. I have attributes which impact the price in the way that if they
are chosen the price of an article is getting higher. It's something
like a service fee (additional value). This fee is same for all
products. Creating articles with different prices can't be it again. I
think the best way would be to integrate a possibility to skale the
price in the attributes either. (if attribute selected new price =
price + x).

5. I need the possibilty to let an costumer leave a notice regarding
an certain attribute (depending if he has chosen an option or not).
This Information should be deposited  in an order (per article)
Could be considered in future development?

Anyway enough for now. I have to make this work now ;-)

regards

Joerg