[TYPO3-commerce] Duplicated orders in database!!!

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Wed Mar 10 15:16:00 CET 2010

Hi Bert,

you should _really_ write you own order number generator,
"com_ordernumber" is a working example at best.

Your duplicate orders is due to it using a file ( in /tmp/domainname if
memory serves ) rapid access will give you the "bankers problem";

file [ 1000 ]

Thread A: read file ( 1000 )
Thread B: read file ( 1000 )
Thread A: increment order number ( 1001 ) and write
Thread B: increment order number ( 1001 ) and write

file [ 1001 ]

To solve it you need to make sure that the order generator is ACID, the
easiest way is to make a ordernr table with auto increment on the key.

/Morten