[TYPO3-commerce] CSS title attribute ruins styling

Benny Schimmer bschimmer at cross-content.com
Wed Jun 23 12:15:26 CEST 2010

Hi list,

i had some Problems with the latest svn version.
Project is on 4.3.3.
When including the static template to the shop-page, the styling was
completely ruined.
After some debugging i found out, that the title of the css-link tag was
the problem.

Line 10 of the setup.txt.
commerce.title = CSS-Style for Commerce Extension

Commenting the line out or changing it to "no title" works.
Changing it to "a title" does not work.
Voodoo? ;-)

Im no CSS pro, but it seems, that "no title" is the same as no or an
empty title attribute for the browser.

On w3.org I found the following:

Specify that the style sheet is persistent, preferred, or alternate:
To make a style sheet persistent, set the rel attribute to "stylesheet"
and don't set the title attribute.
To make a style sheet preferred, set the rel attribute to "stylesheet"
and name the style sheet with the title attribute.
To specify an alternate style sheet, set the rel attribute to "alternate
stylesheet" and name the style sheet with the title attribute.
Source: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html#h-14.3.2

Including a css file seems to be very persistent to me;-)
But as i mentioned abve, im no css expert.

I think it is reasonable to disable line 10, what do you think?

Greetings,
Benny

P.S.: In Internet Explorer 8 all works fine, but from what i heard some
infidels still use Firefox or the like. :P