[TYPO3-commerce] Status on TYPO3 commerce after developer meeting in Munich

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Mon Feb 22 07:48:26 CET 2010

Hi TYPO3 Commerce list,

the TYPO3 Commerce meeting in Munich was very successful. We have
tracked quite a lot of issues, only less than 20 issues are open at this
moment. Many thanks to all who have reported bugs, have written patches
and many many thanks to all the developers who have checked all the
issues during this weekend! (For those who want to check the current
version, just checkout from the SVN!)

We have also discussed the next steps and the further development:
Sascha and Volker will fix the Attributes drop down issues during the
next days. Afterwards we want to release a 0.12.x as RC for Commerce.
This Version will be the next version in TER and forge. We encourage to
check the next version and to report bugs. The English manual is
processing very well, when it's ready we want to release the next
version covering the issues from the RC Version 0.12.x including the
manual as 1.0.0 of Commerce!

In the future we will have a more organized way to work on issues and
features for commerce. We will publish guidelines and policies on the
commerce-page at forge and announce the documents in this list also!

We also have worked on a demo-shop for commerce, which is nearly ready
and which will be available as install package like the dummy package!
Here we need some more help, we need editors who insert some products to
the demo package, designers, who will create templates and css files and
many more helping hands to keep the demo-package up to date. Our goal
is, to have a demo-shop which is far better than other opensource shop
systems!

Having a look at a development version, I'm very proud of what we have
developed in the last year and I'm looking really forward to what we
will develop in the next years!

Best regards and again many thanks to all, who have worked on this project!

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung