[TYPO3-commerce] Bug or intended?

Franz Steinmetz franzlst at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 24 13:40:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

while working with commerce and the display of categories with their sub
products, I found a behavior of which I don't know whether this is intended.
Following situation:
Parent cat
>>Sub cat 1
>>Sub cat 2
When displaying the Parent cat with all sub products (thus Product 1 - 4)
grouped by category, the typolink for the products receives the
additionalParameter [catUid] with the ID of the Parent cat instead of the ID of
Sub cat 1 (for Product 1 - 2) respectively the ID of Sub cat 2 (for Product 3 -
4).
For me this is not that logical. At least there should be an option to switch
between these two modes.

The responsible line is in lib/tx_commerce_pibase.php #1536 (latest trunk
version):
$typoLinkConf['additionalParams'].=
ini_get('arg_separator.output').$this->prefixId.'[catUid]='.$cat;
Replacing $cat by $myProduct->getMasterparentCategorie() would be the easiest
solution in my opinion.

What do you think?

Greetings

 Franz Steinmetz